Susan has extensive experience in local government having served three terms as Deputy Lord Mayor of Melbourne. Susan was also the first female Deputy Lord Mayor of Melbourne. In 2015, Susan was recognised for her service to local government and received a Councillor Service Award through the Municipal Association of Victoria.
In addition to experience in local government, Susan has enjoyed a distinguished career spanning more than 30 years in the publishing and media industry. She is a Director of a city-based publishing company supporting local business, community networks and information exchange.
Susan sits on various boards and committees across business and the community including:
- Board Member & Non-Executive Director, Procurement Australia
- Chair & Patron – Let’s Network: Women in Procurement
- Advisory Board Member, Australian Intercultural Society
- Ambassador – Neighbourhood Watch (Victoria)
- Member Industry Advisory Group (IAG), RMIT School of Fashion & Textiles
- Member Industry Advisory Group (IAG) Employability Sub Committee, RMIT School of Fashion & Textiles
Susan is passionate about Melbourne and is a strong advocate for small business, women in business and community development. Following her election as a Councillor, her passion and contribution in these areas saw Susan given portfolio responsibilities of Chair Small Business, Retail and Hospitality and Deputy Chair Prosperous City.